This market is closed.
The 2000 UBC/National Post
Election Stock Market is a financial
market in which the ultimate values of the contracts being traded are
based on the outcome of the 2000 elections to the
Canadian Federal Parliament in Ottawa to be held on Monday
November 27. For details regarding the
contracts being traded consult the
information in the trader's manual (click on the appropriate button).
Note the corrected seats number for LIB and BLQ.
- Market Activity (for visitors and traders)
- See our markets in action: quick overview
of current market prices or detailed tables
and charts of the seats market,
popular vote market, and majority government market.
We also provide a spreadsheet file with volume-weighted
to journalists and researchers.
- See what the pollsters predict for the election outcome.
- Links to other important web sites: Governments, Elections Canada, news media, pollsters, and more.
- UBC/NP ESM Bulletin Board
- This bulletin board is intended for traders to exchange information and
opinions about the Election Stock Market. You can
read and post messages on this bulletin board via e-mail.
Clicking on the link
will launch your newsgroup reader (built into Netscape Communicator and
MS Internet Explorer) and point it to the right newsgroup location.
- 1997 Election Results
- See the results from the 1997 federal election, riding by riding.
- Election Forecasting
- Use our on-line election forecaster to translate predicted voter
migration flows into seats in House of Commons.
Also see our new voter migration model
for the next federal election to be held some time before 2005.
- Check here after the markets have closed for information on the
liquidation of the CA01 market. Liquidation takes place as soon as
we receive official election results.
2020 Sauder School of Business,
University of British Columbia.