This market is closed.
The 1997 UBC Election Stock Market is a financial
market in which the ultimate values of the contracts being traded are
based on the outcome of the 1997 Federal Canadian election to the
House of Commons. The markets were open from Monday April 28, 1997,
and were closed at 23:45 on June 1, 1997. For details regarding the
contracts being traded and for current market quotes, consult the
information in the trader's manual.
- Prices and Charts
- See the prices at the time when our markets were closed
and see the price movements during the operation of our UBC-ESM.
- Results & Liquidation
- Obtain information on the payouts and acount liquidation.
- Trader's Manual
- Our Trader's Manual contains detailed information on the operation
of the UBC-ESM, how to buy and sell contracts, how to log in and
log out from the market, and how to check your account.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Quick answers for our traders.
- Investor Statistics
- Information on the number of trader, how often they traded,
and how much money they invested.
- See what the pollster predict for the election outcome.
- Election Forecasting
- Use our on-line election forecaster to translate predicted voter
migration flows into seats in parliament.
- Links to political parties, pollsters, news organizations, and more.
- Election Results
- We provide the detailed results of the election, riding by riding.
2018 Sauder School of Business,
University of British Columbia.